Register Register Register Contact Us
Go Back   Game Artist Forums > Game Art > Work In Progress
Register FAQForum Rules Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2016, 10:40 PM   #1
heyguy
heyguy's User Activity: 0/10
10 - 2
Low Poly Cthulhu Altar [WIP]

Hello everyone! I'm working on this small project for my portfolio and I'd really appreciate some critique. I'm shooting for a low-poly mobile restrictions. It's an altar to Cthulhu along the coast. I've made progress but I'm definitely missing that extra flair found in professional work. I took screenshots of my Maya viewport.

I'm thinking I need some small props on the floor and else where. Small mushrooms, buckets, rocks, etc. Cthulu likes gold I believe. I'm also thinking maybe I should enclose the sides of temple with a brick and maybe just have the open view to the sea at the end by the altar. I've used a lot of photsource textures and it might be good to hand paint some even though I do want it to look a bit realistic. I also don't like the pillars either. Guys, I could really use some help with this project. What could I do to improve this project? Thanks!

heyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:06 AM   #2
heyguy
heyguy's User Activity: 0/10
10 - 2
Been experimenting with a paint over. I added lots of vines and other small props. I added walls to enclose the space. I quite like the vines! I'm not sure it works though if this temple is still in use though. The vines look kind of jungle-y too. I had imagined this temple and coastline somewhere on the North Eastern United States. I also added a center braizer. Very WIP. I like the potential for warm lights it can possibly provide to the scene. What does everyone else think? Any critique is appreciated!

heyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:15 AM   #3
Daisuke
Daisuke's User Activity: 0/10
2 - 0
Thumbs up

fascinating atmosphere

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Daisuke is offline   Reply With Quote