|02-10-2012, 12:19 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Shout out to 2D Game Artist(s)!
Who are we?
We’re a group of game developers who’ve come together to make games that we’re passionate about. (We’re also funded but keep it seekrit!)
Our team’s made up of people who’ve made:
1. a popular ipad shmup where you got to control a flock of very angry dots by sketching any firing formation you wanted, to overcome powerful environmental enemies.
2. a cult-hit strategic turn-based fighting game where you got to make any fight move you want. And it really was violence perfected.
3. an action-timing versus ipad game where you tap to crash 6 lanes of minions into your opponent.
4. an action-tilt game where you swing a caveman from side to side to save your crying fellows from T-rexes, Pterodactyls and other ferocious dinos.
What we’re like to work with:
We’ve all known each other for a long time and we respect each other a lot. Because of this, there’s a lot of self and group accountability.
You’ll be coming into a highly motivated group that understands that doing awesome stuff also means you learn to fuck up better.. over time.. yup. :P
Balance is also a big thing for us and this means we balance our creative freedom well with the needs of the company as a whole.
A word cloud of what inspires us/we play:
Crazy japanese game shows, Running Man, Star Control, Rhythm Heaven, Segata Sanshiro, Valve, Penny Arcade, Metal Gear Solid, Batman, Plague, Team Fortress, Bishi Bashi, ROTK, Mass Effect, DOTA, Robot Unicorn Attack and many moar.
Our Selection Process Flow
1. Portfolio Review
2. Art Test
What it could be like to work with us?
1. the ability to work from home.
2. the freedom to define an art style and contribute to a series of games.
3. longer term, a chance at influencing style direction especially re: themes and characters.
We require that you are:
+ able to work and deliver milestones while working remotely from home.
+ able to start working with us immediately for our concept phase.
+ strong in 2D artistic skills (from concept to creating polished game assets & animation)
+ experienced in games development.
+ able to communicate fluently in English.
+ able to articulate and pitch art style in both verbal and written form.
+ passionate about play! and games! and all the other fun stuff!
+ If you’re experienced in games development (iOS)
+ Have worked with a multi-disciplined team (coders, designers etc.)
+ Experienced in freelancing and remote working
We have no requirements on qualification. If you are interested, we will be excited to hear from you! Please send us your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once shortlisted, an art test will be sent to you within a few days.
|The Following User Says Thank You to InzenStudio For This Useful Post:|
|09-01-2013, 07:20 PM||#2 (permalink)|
|The Following User Says Thank You to bensta690 For This Useful Post:|
|10-01-2013, 02:02 PM||#3 (permalink)|
Just going off the 'no requirements on qualification' is it safe to assume this is not a paying gig and more voluntary or royalty based?
Ironbelly Studios - AAA Quality Services at Indie Prices
Unity & UDK Developer & Service Provider(2D,3D,UI,Animation,VFX,Audio,Code) for PC, Console and Mobile
|The Following User Says Thank You to netflow For This Useful Post:|